Diphthong ue

Diphthongs occur when an unstressed “i”, “u”, or “y-ending” appears next to another vowel in the same syllable. Their vowel sounds do not change, but they blend together to form a single syllable.

One such vowel combination, “ue”, has no real English equivalent, but can be reproduced by combining the “oo” of the word “boot” with the “a” of the word “paper.” Be sure to combine these two sounds into a single sound.



  1. Click the “Continue” button to proceed.


Oral Exercise

Click play button to begin